The real rum runner recipe straight from the source in the Florida Keys, where it was originally concocted in the 50s.
- 2 cups ice, divided, or as needed
- 1 fluid ounce pineapple juice
- 1 fluid ounce orange juice
- 1 fluid ounce blackberry liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce banana liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce light rum
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1 splash grenadine syrup, or more to taste
- 1 fluid ounce high-proof rum (such as Bacardi®151)
- 1 slice orange
- 1 Combine 1 cup ice, pineapple juice, orange juice, blackberry liqueur, banana liqueur, light rum, dark rum, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- 2 Fill a hurricane glass with ice. Pour in mixture. Add high-proof rum for a floater and garnish with orange slice.
- Calories 510.9
- Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Fat 0.2 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Sugar 42.3 g