Garden salad with fruit, cooked sugared almonds, and an oil and vinegar dressing.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- ½ head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup mandarin orange segments, drained
- ½ cup sliced fresh peaches
- ½ cup diced mango
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the almonds and 1/2 cup sugar 5 minutes, or until almonds are well-coated and lightly browned.
- 2 In a bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- 3 In a large bowl, gently mix the almonds, iceberg lettuce, leaf lettuce, celery, chives, cranberries, mandarin orange, peaches, mango, and strawberries. Serve with desired amount of the oil and vinegar dressing.
- Calories 317.2
- Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Fat 20.6 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 24 mg
- Sugar 27.6 g