- Published Sep 8th
- Ready In40m
Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) for 4 servings:
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter, or as needed
Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment), you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tilapia en Papillote (Tilapia in Parchment) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking sheet so that the bottoms of the packets will brown when baked.
- 2 Prepare 4 sheets of parchment paper by folding each sheet in half and placing a tilapia fillet centered onto one side of the fold of each sheet. Season the tilapia with salt and black pepper. Top the fillets with equal amounts of tomato, garlic, basil, and capers. Sprinkle lemon juice over the fillets. Place 1 tablespoon butter atop the fish. Drizzle white wine over the fillets.
- 3 Roll up the sides of the paper first, then the top, leaving 1/2-inch space along one edge; fold to seal. Grease the bottoms of the packets with 1 tablespoon butter and arrange on the baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure that the parchment paper you are using is actual parchment and not waxed paper like the kind you normally bake cookies on. Waxed paper cannot withstand the amount of heat in the oven that parchment paper can. (Waxed paper=325 degrees F (165 degrees C); parchment paper=420 degrees (220 degrees C).
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 16 grams of fat; 4.7 grams of carbohydrates; 23.7 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 190 milligrams of sodium.