- Published Jul 5th
Toffee I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Toffee I for 40 servings:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Toffee I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Toffee I easily:
- 1 In 2-quart heavy saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir well until blended. Return to low heat, stir rapidly until reaching a rolling boil. Add water and corn syrup, mix well. Stir and cook over low heat to soft crack stage (290 degrees F). Remove from heat, add 3/4 cup nuts all at once. Mix well, then pour into lightly buttered 13x9x2 inch pan. Quickly spread with spatula (careful that it doesn't melt!). Let cool on own for 7-10 minutes.
- 2 Sprinkle chocolate chips and spread evenly when they begin to melt. Finally top with 1/4 cup nuts (or enough to lightly cover by sprinkling). Let cool overnight. Use butter knife to get out by cracking into pieces (about the size of peanut brittle). Crack the rest by hand.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 8.2 grams of fat; 10 grams of carbohydrates; 0.9 gram of protein; 12 milligrams of cholesterol; 33 milligrams of sodium.