- Published Apr 2nd
- Ready In45m
Tofu Parmigiana Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tofu Parmigiana for 4 servings:
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Tofu Parmigiana Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Tofu Parmigiana, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tofu Parmigiana is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Tofu Parmigiana within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tofu Parmigiana easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- 2 Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and place in bowl of cold water. One at a time, press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- 3 Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
- 4 Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining oregano. Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
- 5 Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 18.8 g of carbohydrate; 24 mg of cholesterol; 21.5 g of fat; 3.9 g of fiber; 25.7 g of protein; 6.2 g of saturatedFat; 841 mg of sodium; 4 g of sugar;