- Published Mar 29th
- Ready In50m
Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) for 4 servings:
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into disks, or more to taste
- 1 (1 inch) piece galangal, peeled and sliced into disks, or more to taste
- 5 Thai chile peppers, crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 stalks lemon grass, cut into 2-inch pieces and crushed
- 2 shallots, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) trout, scales removed and fish cut into steaks
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tom Byoo (Sour Fish Soup) easily:
- 1 Bring fish stock to a boil in a pot; add ginger, galangal, Thai chile peppers, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, and shallots. Reduce heat and simmer stock for 20 minutes.
- 2 Mix trout, tomatoes, tamarind juice, and fish sauce into stock; simmer until trout is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Gently place trout in a bowl and pour soup over the fish; top with cilantro.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 5.2 grams of fat; 13.8 grams of carbohydrates; 18.3 grams of protein; 37 milligrams of cholesterol; 1144 milligrams of sodium.