This is an African (Mozambique) tomato chutney sauce that goes well with African curry and onion hot sauce. It is very simple to make, and uses fresh ingredients that are easily found.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 Place cherry tomatoes in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and let cook until tomatoes are soft and broken.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the white onion, green onion, cilantro, and chile peppers. Add hot cooked tomatoes, and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Calories 32.6
- Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Fat 0.4 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 10.9 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.