Just like the title says.
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh tortellini
- 1 Combine sausage links and water in a large skillet and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Drain off water and cook links in the skillet, stirring frequently, until browned, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from skillet, allow to cool, and cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices. Wipe skillet clean using a paper towel.
- 2 Place skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion to hot oil and cook until tender but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oregano, and red pepper. Add cooked sausage and bell pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer to desired thickness, about 20 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a saucepan, about 5 minutes. Add tortellini, reduce heat slightly and boil until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and return pasta to the warm saucepan. Stir parsley into the sausage mixture, pour over pasta, and serve immediately.
- Calories 462.5
- Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Fat 19.8 g
- Fiber 5.8 g
- Protein 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Sodium 1007.9 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.