- Published Jan 3rd
- Ready In1h
Traditional German Warm Potato Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Traditional German Warm Potato Salad for 6 servings:
- 4 1/4 pounds waxy potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup hot vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
Traditional German Warm Potato Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Traditional German Warm Potato Salad, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Traditional German Warm Potato Salad is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Traditional German Warm Potato Salad within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Traditional German Warm Potato Salad easily:
- 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Peel while still warm. Cut into thin slices and put in a large bowl. Add onion.
- 2 Mix hot broth with vinegar, oil, salt, and sugar. Pour immediately over warm potatoes and onion; the potatoes need to still be warm so they can absorb the dressing better. Allow to stand for 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also add some pickle slices and a dash of pickle juice to the potato salad if you like
Per Serving: 298 calories; 4.9 grams of fat; 58.3 grams of carbohydrates; 6.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 122 milligrams of sodium.