- Published Mar 25th
- Ready In8h 35m
Traditional Springerle Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Traditional Springerle for 48 servings:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed anise seeds
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Traditional Springerle Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 35m
To cook Traditional Springerle, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Traditional Springerle is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Traditional Springerle within 8 hours 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Traditional Springerle easily:
- 1 Lightly grease 4 cookie sheets. Sprinkle with anise seeds. Set aside until needed.
- 2 Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl until well blended. Place the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until light and frothy, 5 to 8 minutes. Slowly stir in the flour mixture until a thick dough forms.
- 3 Working with handfuls of dough, roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface until 1/4 inch thick. Lightly sift confectioners' sugar over the dough. Place springerle molds onto the dough; press down hard and evenly until the mold's design registers in the dough. Remove the mold. Use a small knife to cut around each cookie, and place on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat, until all dough has been used. Cover the cookies with a lightweight cotton cloth, and allow to dry 8 hours, or overnight.
- 4 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 5 Bake cookies in preheated oven until tops are pale brown and set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 0.5 gram of fat; 16.1 grams of carbohydrates; 1.5 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 16 milligrams of sodium.