- Published Dec 29th
- Ready In2h 20m
Turkey Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Turkey Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving for 32 servings:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- For the Turkey:
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 7 whole-wheat crackers
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 black olive
- 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 slice yellow zucchini
Turkey Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 20m
To cook Turkey Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Turkey Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving easily:
- 1 Mix cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and dressing mix together in a large bowl. Form into a large ball. Roll in chopped pecans to coat surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- 2 Arrange a row of whole-wheat crackers in the back of the cheese ball for the turkey tail feathers. Stick pecans evenly into the cheese ball for the body.
- 3 Cut out 2 strips of red bell pepper for the head and neck. Cut out 2 "eyes" from the black olive using a small pastry tip. Place 2 small dollops of cream cheese on one of the 2 bell pepper strips for the turkey head and stick the black olive circles into it as pupils. Cut a small triangular slice out of the yellow zucchini for the turkey beak and stick to the red pepper with cream cheese. Stick the undecorated red bell pepper strip on the front of the cheese ball. Stick the red bell pepper stick with the face into the top of the cheese ball for the head.
- Editor's Note:
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. Assemble the turkey with the pecan "feathers" and store in the refrigerator, loosely wrapped in plastic. Add cracker tail feathers and the turkey head and neck just before serving.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 16.8 grams of fat; 3.2 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 28 milligrams of cholesterol; 188 milligrams of sodium.