- Published Jun 24th
- Ready In30m
Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausage links (such as Jennie-O®)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet easily:
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey sausages until they begin to brown and firm up, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and let cool slightly before cutting into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices; they will not be completely cooked at this point.
- 2 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over high heat. Quickly stir-fry onion until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add peppers and continue cooking over high heat, stirring constantly, until peppers begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcrowd the skillet in order to get a nice char on the vegetables. Mix in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 3 Return sausage, and any accumulated juices, to the skillet. Season with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Stir to combine and continue cooking until sausage is no longer pink in the center, about 2 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- I sometimes use hot Italian turkey sausage instead of sweet.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 15.5 grams of fat; 7.5 grams of carbohydrates; 16.9 grams of protein; 64 milligrams of cholesterol; 747 milligrams of sodium.