Turmeric has become quite the “buzz” word, in the last couple of years, and I found a turmeric rotini. It has a nice yellow color, and very mild, if any turmeric flavor. You can start fresh with this salad, or use small amounts of leftover vegetables, if you like.
- 1 (10 ounce) package turmeric rotini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced carrot
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, toss, and set aside.
- 2 Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add bell pepper, carrot, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and seasoned salt. Cook, stirring, until broccoli turns a deep bright green and onion is beginning to turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Toss vegetables with pasta and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld and cool.
- 4 Remove cooled salad from refrigerator and toss with mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar. Season with more seasoned salt if needed. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Calories 325.4
- Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Fat 20.3 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.