- Published Jul 14th
- Ready In45m
A flavorful diversion from the run-of-the-mill Italian pasta salad. I like to serve this with grilled, fried, or barbecued chicken, and a crusty artisan bread. I would double the portions if you want to have leftovers when serving 4 or more; this goes fast in my home! Enjoy!
Tuscan Pasta Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tuscan Pasta Salad for 8 servings:
- 1 cup bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Italian dressing (such as Kraft® Tuscan House Italian)
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise®)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet banana peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Tuscan Pasta Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Tuscan Pasta Salad, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tuscan Pasta Salad is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Tuscan Pasta Salad within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tuscan Pasta Salad easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Combine pasta, tomatoes, Italian dressing, vegan mayonnaise, celery, cucumber, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, banana peppers, olives, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix until the dressing takes on a creamy consistency and all ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- 3 Season salad with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate, mixing again just before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Other pasta shapes may be used in place of bow-tie pasta. You want to end up with 2 cups of cooked pasta.
- The pepperoncini peppers can be either sweet or mild.
- Real bacon bits or diced, cooked meat can be added to create a robust Mediterranean meal.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 26.9 grams of fat; 15.7 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 9 milligrams of cholesterol; 1174 milligrams of sodium.