Not guaranteed to be a completely unsloppy experience, but these filled kaiser rolls come close.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 kaiser rolls
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, green pepper, and garlic: saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, tomato paste, vinegar, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir in kidney beans, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 3 Cut a 1/4 inch slice off the top of each kaiser roll; set aside. Hollow out the center of each roll, leaving about 1/2 inch thick shells; reserve the inside of rolls for other uses.
- 4 Spoon bean mixture evenly into rolls and replace tops. Serve immediately.
- Calories 204.4
- Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Fat 3.9 g
- Fiber 5.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 488.8 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g