- Published Oct 9th
- Ready In25m
Val’s Pumpkin Scones Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Val’s Pumpkin Scones for 14 servings:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg white, beaten (optional)
Val’s Pumpkin Scones Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Val’s Pumpkin Scones, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Val’s Pumpkin Scones is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Val’s Pumpkin Scones within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Val’s Pumpkin Scones easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir raisins into flour mixture.
- 3 Whisk pumpkin, egg, and buttermilk together in a bowl; stir into flour mixture until dough is well mixed. Pat dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 14 scones using a 2-inch round cutter and transfer to a baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with egg white.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer scones to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- Milk or water can be used in place of the buttermilk, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 4 grams of fat; 26.7 grams of carbohydrates; 3.2 grams of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 236 milligrams of sodium.