This vegan mayo is made using the liquid from a can of chickpeas and is the perfect topping for your plant-based burger. Most Dijon mustard is made with white wine, making it not entirely vegan, which is why I chose Maille® for this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram), mature seeds, canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (such as Maille®)
- ½ cup avocado oil
- salt to taste
- 1 Combine chickpea liquid, whole chickpeas, lemon juice, and mustard in a tall container. Using an immersion blender, blend on high speed until smooth.
- 2 Reduce speed to low and slowly drizzle in oil until creamy. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Calories 168.4
- Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Fat 18.2 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Sugar 0.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.