- Published Mar 2nd
- Ready In40m
Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables for 4 servings:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 purple onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, or to taste
- 9 ounces Brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Vegan Cajun Chickpeas and Sauteed Vegetables easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 Put sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Stir to coat and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until tender but still firm inside, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chickpeas, onion, and Cajun seasoning. Cook until onion is very soft and chickpeas are slightly crunchy, about 8 minutes. Add vegan butter, Brussels sprouts, and bell peppers. Stir and add garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- 5 Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and add to skillet with chickpeas. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any kind of onion you like, and add more if you prefer. Use butter or margarine, as you like. Feel free to replace Brussels sprouts with cabbage.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 13.4 grams of fat; 30.9 grams of carbohydrates; 6.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 457 milligrams of sodium.