- Published Feb 21st
- Ready In16h 20m
Vegan Chunky Chili Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegan Chunky Chili for 10 servings:
- 1/2 cup dry kidney beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup dry white beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup dry brown lentils, soaked overnight
- 6 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra firm tofu, drained, crumbled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- chili powder to taste
Vegan Chunky Chili Cooking Instructions
- Ready In16h 20m
To cook Vegan Chunky Chili, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegan Chunky Chili is about 4 hours , and you can serve your Vegan Chunky Chili within 16 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Vegan Chunky Chili easily:
- 1 Drain and rinse kidney beans, white beans and lentils. Combine in a large pot and cover with water; boil over medium-high to high heat for 1 hour, or until tender.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over high heat, combine tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until tomatoes are broken down.
- 3 Stir the tomatoes into the beans and add mushrooms, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, green beans, celery, onions and tofu. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder to taste. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 1.6 grams of fat; 23.4 grams of carbohydrates; 9.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 281 milligrams of sodium.