A delicious, quick, vegan comfort food meal. I like to add a little hot sauce (such as Tabasco®) or cayenne pepper, but that’s just me!
- cooking spray
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian soy meat crumbles
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) tube prepared polenta, sliced into 12 pieces
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onions; cook and stir until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add soy crumbles and mushrooms; cook until browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cook until sauce is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Cook polenta over medium heat until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- 3 Place 2 pieces of polenta on each serving plate; top with sauce.
- Calories 164.8
- Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Fat 2.8 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 688.8 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g