Enjoy fresh, Mediterranean flavors in this colorful quinoa salad perfect for spring.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 baby cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup halved Kalamata olives
- 4 small radishes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until quinoa is just tender and liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover, and let cool completely.
- 2 Stir together cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, radishes, oil, lemon juice, mint, parsley, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Serve immediately or chill up to 2 hours. Sprinkle with almonds (if using) before serving.
- Calories 191.2
- Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Fat 9.8 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.