A hearty and yummy vegan soup that’s a twist on an old favorite. Serve with homemade crusty garlic bread and you have yourself a delicious main dish.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 4 vegan burger patties
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 small onion, diced, or more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 10 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (26 ounce) can whole plum tomatoes with juice, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sazon seasoning
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups chopped kale, or to taste
- 1 Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add vegan burger patties; cook, flipping halfway, until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- 2 Heat remaining oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper. Saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup vegetable stock and tomato paste; bring to a simmer. Add the browned vegan patties and plum tomatoes with juice.
- 3 Pour remaining vegetable stock into the tomato mixture. Sprinkle in adobo seasoning and sazon. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and kale; cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 471.1
- Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Fat 12.4 g
- Fiber 11.8 g
- Protein 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Sodium 1627.7 mg
- Sugar 13.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.