- Published Aug 20th
- Ready In1h
Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake for 4 servings:
- 3 eggplants
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Vegan Romanian Eggplant Bake easily:
- 1 Peel eggplants in such a way that 3 strips of skin remain on each eggplant. Cut peeled eggplant into 1/2-inch slices. The strips of skin will prevent the eggplant slices from falling apart while cooking.
- 2 Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot and cook eggplant slices in batches for 1 minute. Pour into a sieve and drain well.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread out eggplant slices on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook bell peppers, onions, and garlic until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and layer over eggplant. Add tomato slices; season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 12 grams of fat; 44.9 grams of carbohydrates; 7.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 519 milligrams of sodium.