Vegan stuffed peppers. Top with sriracha sauce, sliced avocado, and cilantro.
- 4 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup bulgur
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato sauce, or more to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup lima beans, drained
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x11-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Arrange bell pepper halves in the baking pan.
- 2 Bring water and bulgur to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and simmer until bulgur is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain excess water.
- 3 Combine bulgur, tomato sauce, arugula, corn kernels, garbanzo beans, lima beans, black beans, kidney beans, salt, paprika, basil, and oregano in a large bowl. Fill each bell pepper half generously with bulgur mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and hot, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Calories 288.9
- Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Fat 2 g
- Fiber 16 g
- Protein 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 1982.3 mg
- Sugar 13.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.