This is a delicious, fully vegan recipe for making your own tempura vegetables at home. No dairy, no eggs, just natural ingredients.
- ice cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 cup ice water
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 Fill a large bowl with ice cubes. Mix flour and arrowroot powder together a smaller bowl; set over the ice cubes. Pour ice water slowly into the flour mixture, mixing until the batter has a medium-thick texture.
- 2 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter and cook in batches in the hot oil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Repeat with broccoli, red bell pepper, and baby carrots.
- Calories 246.3
- Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Fat 8.9 g
- Fiber 4.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.