- Published Oct 5th
- Ready In1h 5m
Vegetable Kottu Roti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegetable Kottu Roti for 4 servings:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 5 small carrots, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 4 scallions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup curry powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 3 cups chopped paratha (Indian flatbread)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Vegetable Kottu Roti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Vegetable Kottu Roti, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegetable Kottu Roti is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Vegetable Kottu Roti within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Vegetable Kottu Roti easily:
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until scrambled and dry, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir frequently until onions are nearly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add carrots; cook and stir until carrots are nearly tender but still crunchy, 7 to 8 minutes.
- 3 Stir cabbage and scallions into the skillet; add 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons curry powder and 1 tablespoon chili powder over the vegetable mixture; stir until coated. Turn stove top temperature to low.
- 4 Mix eggs and paratha into the vegetable mixture. Stir in remaining soy sauce, curry powder, and chili powder; stir until coated. Cook until flavors combine, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 18.6 grams of fat; 51.3 grams of carbohydrates; 16.1 grams of protein; 171 milligrams of cholesterol; 577 milligrams of sodium.