- Published Jun 17th
- Ready In35m
Vegetable Lo Mein Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegetable Lo Mein for 4 servings:
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Vegetable Lo Mein Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Vegetable Lo Mein, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegetable Lo Mein is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Vegetable Lo Mein within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Vegetable Lo Mein easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Heat oil in a large wok or saute pan. Stir fry mushrooms, carrots, peppers, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in bean sprouts and green onions; cook one minute. Mix cornstarch and chicken broth in a small bowl and add to stir fry. Stir in hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper and curry powder. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 3 Add cooked spaghetti, and toss. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 452 calories; 15.6 grams of fat; 69.2 grams of carbohydrates; 11.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 512 milligrams of sodium.