This is a great, fresh summer side dish with sauteed zucchini, garlic, carrots, balsamic vinegar, and the bright taste of fresh lemon juice. It goes great with any meal.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add orzo, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and carrot, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and deglaze pan. Reduce heat to medium low, and season with salt and pepper. Add orzo to skillet, then stir in remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Calories 294.7
- Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Fat 8.2 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Sugar 4.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.