- Published Aug 15th
- Ready In40m
Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Vegetarian Moroccan Stew for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (4 inch) cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 cup pitted, brine-cured green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) box uncooked couscous
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Vegetarian Moroccan Stew, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Vegetarian Moroccan Stew is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Vegetarian Moroccan Stew within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Vegetarian Moroccan Stew easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large covered saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, until oil is hot but not smoking. Drop in the onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon stick, and salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until onion is tender and translucent.
- 2 Stir in the butternut squash and potato cubes, broth, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot, and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash and potatoes are tender. Remove the stew from heat, and stir in the olives and lemon zest.
- 3 In a large saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool. Serve stew over cooked couscous. Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cilantro leaves.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 7.1 grams of fat; 97 grams of carbohydrates; 14.8 grams of protein; 0 milligram of cholesterol; 990 milligrams of sodium.