- Published Sep 10th
Victory Chocolate Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Victory Chocolate Cake for 24 servings:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cold, brewed coffee
Victory Chocolate Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Victory Chocolate Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- 2 Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3 Separate eggs. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 4 Cream shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy using electric mixer at medium speed. Blend in the corn syrup and egg yolks. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee to creamed mixture. Gently fold in egg whites. Pour batter into greased 13x9 inch pan.
- 5 Bake in preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 minutes or until cake is done. Cool in pan on rack and frost as desired.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 7.4 grams of fat; 27.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.2 grams of protein; 23 milligrams of cholesterol; 232 milligrams of sodium.