- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In35m
V’s Apple Bran Muffins Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious V’s Apple Bran Muffins for 12 servings:
- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 3/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
V’s Apple Bran Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook V’s Apple Bran Muffins, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this V’s Apple Bran Muffins is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your V’s Apple Bran Muffins within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook V’s Apple Bran Muffins easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 2 Combine bran flakes cereal, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fill muffin cups about 2/3-full with batter.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack; serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- Flavor Variations: Try cinnamon (or another flavor) applesauce in place of plain. For peanut butter muffins - add 2/3 cup peanut butter and 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Especially good with a teaspoon of jelly baked into each muffin. For spiced muffins - add 1/2 teaspoon ground clove and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. For banana spice muffins - add 2 medium bananas (mashed), 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. For maple muffins - add 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1 teaspoon maple extract (syrup makes a moister muffin).
Per Serving: 122 calories; 5.1 grams of fat; 18.6 grams of carbohydrates; 1.7 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 174 milligrams of sodium.