- Published Jul 24th
- Ready In30m
Waffled Falafel Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Waffled Falafel for 4 servings:
- cooking spray
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
Waffled Falafel Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Waffled Falafel, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Waffled Falafel is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Waffled Falafel within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Waffled Falafel easily:
- 1 Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray inside of waffle iron with cooking spray.
- 2 Process garbanzo beans in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add onion, egg whites, cilantro, parsley, garlic, flour, cumin, salt, coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cardamom to garbanzo beans. Pulse, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until falafel batter resembles a coarse meal. Pour batter into a bowl and stir with a fork.
- 3 Spoon about 1/4 cup falafel batter onto each section of the preheated waffle iron. Cook until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 2.1 grams of fat; 38.7 grams of carbohydrates; 10 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 1471 milligrams of sodium.