Perfect dish to use up leftover Easter ham!
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ pound cooked ham, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 2 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes until the garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the walnuts, and cook until the nuts give off a toasted smell, about 2 minutes; stir in ham slices, and cook the mixture until the ham is hot and beginning to brown, about 5 more minutes.
- 3 Lightly toss the pasta with the ham mixture in the skillet, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Calories 552
- Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Fat 28.8 g
- Fiber 10.8 g
- Protein 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 565.4 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g