- Published Aug 19th
- Ready In40m
Watercress Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Watercress Soup for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 potato - peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds watercress, large stems removed
- 1/4 cup whipped heavy cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves for garnish
Watercress Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Watercress Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Watercress Soup is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Watercress Soup within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Watercress Soup easily:
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the potato and onion, stirring to coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium, cover and heat for 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour in the chicken stock and the milk, bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the watercress and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until watercress is just cooked.
- 3 In small batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot, season to taste, and ladle into individual bowls. (Note: Place in refrigerator if not serving at this point.)
- 4 Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired and garnish with watercress leaves.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 8.9 grams of fat; 14.8 grams of carbohydrates; 7.3 grams of protein; 15 milligrams of cholesterol; 477 milligrams of sodium.