A refreshing appetizer for the summer, my family loved this so much they ate more than a serving each. Also great for those who love the flavor of caprese but aren’t huge fans of tomatoes.
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 small watermelon, fruit removed with a melon baller
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Trim basil leaves into small circles about 1 inch in diameter.
- 2 Thread watermelon and mozzarella cheese on toothpicks, sandwiching a basil leaf in between. Arrange on a serving plate.
- 3 Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar over toothpicks. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on top.
- Calories 329.6
- Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Fat 19.5 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Sugar 23.5 g