- Published Mar 13th
- Ready In40m
Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu for 6 servings:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place milk and bread crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each piece of chicken; roll, and secure with toothpicks. Dip each chicken roll into milk, and then into breadcrumbs.
- 3 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown rolled chicken on all sides. Arrange the chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 4 In a small saucepan over medium heat, blend soup and cream; season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the chicken.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Per Serving: 538 calories; 29.4 grams of fat; 20.4 grams of carbohydrates; 45.7 grams of protein; 144 milligrams of cholesterol; 1034 milligrams of sodium.