This is such an easy cake that even the kids can make it with some adult supervision.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 2 Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes; beat in eggs and lime juice. Stir flour and baking powder into butter mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Calories 157.1
- Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Fat 3.5 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Sugar 16.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.