Two different types of peas, along with radishes and a dill vinaigrette, give this salad a fresh spring flavor. Vary the mix of peas as you wish; maybe you like snow peas better than sugar snaps? And if you’re really feeling frisky, add some pea shoots!
- ½ pound sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup wheat berries, hard winter or soft wheat berries
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 Remove strings from sugar snap peas. Cut each snap pea or snow pea pod diagonally into thirds.
- 2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add wheat berries, reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Stir in sugar snaps and frozen peas and cook 1 minute. Drain wheat berry mixture in a large colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer wheat berry mixture to a large bowl and let cool, about 30 minutes. Stir in green onions and radishes.
- 3 Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Add dill and toss to combine.
- Calories 115.5
- Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Fat 3.1 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Sugar 1.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.