- Published Oct 6th
- Ready In40m
Whole Wheat Pasta Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Whole Wheat Pasta for 4 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Whole Wheat Pasta Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Whole Wheat Pasta, you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Whole Wheat Pasta easily:
- 1 Stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt in a medium bowl, or on a clean board. Make a hollow in the center, and pour in the olive oil. Break eggs into it one at a time, while mixing quickly with a fork until the dough is wet enough to come together. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is stiff and elastic. Cover, and let stand for 30 minutes to relax.
- 2 Roll out dough by hand with a rolling pin, or use a pasta machine to achieve the desired thickness of noodles. Cut into desired width and shapes. Allow the pasta to air dry for at least 15 minutes to avoid having it clump together.
- To cook fresh pasta
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly. It will float to the surface when fully cooked. Drain, and use as desired.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 8.6 grams of fat; 68.8 grams of carbohydrates; 17.3 grams of protein; 186 milligrams of cholesterol; 293 milligrams of sodium.