Wonderful salad for the holiday seasons. Great to serve for dinner at home or to take to a family gathering during the holidays.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- 2 In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple, and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate 21 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Fat 20.6 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 201.3 mg
- Sugar 14.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.