- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In2h 10m
Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup for 150 servings:
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 5 dried black or shiitake mushrooms, reconstituted in hot water and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dashi (dried fish flakes) (optional)
- 2 (14 ounce) packages square wonton wrappers
Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 10m
To cook Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup, you need about 2 hours of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup within 2 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Wontons for Wonton Noodle Soup easily:
- 1 Strain mushroom soaking liquid completely. Pat dry with paper towel, and chop.
- 2 Place pork, shrimp, mushrooms, green onion, egg, soy sauce, salt, and dashi (if using) together in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- 3 Have a bowl of luke-warm water available for dipping. If you are right-handed, place wonton wrapper in a triangle position on your left palm. Place a small amount of filling (about a heaping teaspoon or more) near the lower corner of wonton wrapper. Fold that corner over filling toward the opposite corner about half way, making sure the filling is securely enclosed.
- 4 Dip finger into a bowl of water and dab left corner of wrapper with water. Fold left and right corners toward you (away from the top corner), resulting in the shape of a nurse's hat.
- 5 Place wontons on cookie sheets while you work, keeping them covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. Wontons may be carefully stored in plastic freezer bags and frozen for future use.
- Finished wontons should resemble the shape of a nurse's hat or rosebud.
- Homemade Dashi
- Place whole fish in preheated 350 degree F (180 degrees C) oven until it is slightly smoky and charred. Scrape off any burnt parts and chop coarsely. Store in an air-tight container.
Per Serving: 25 calories; 0.6 gram of fat; 3.2 grams of carbohydrates; 1.6 grams of protein; 8 milligrams of cholesterol; 73 milligrams of sodium.