- Published Jun 27th
- Ready In3h
World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie for 24 servings:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup butter (such as Land O'Lakes®), melted
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk (such as PET®)
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pie shells, thawed
World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 30m
- Ready In3h
To cook World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie is about 1 hour 30 minutes , and you can serve your World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie within 3 hours . The following are the steps to cook World’s Best Sweet Potato Pie easily:
- 1 Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Drain water, peel sweet potatoes, and mash in a bowl.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 3 Mix butter and eggs together in a bowl until smooth; stir into mashed sweet potatoes. Mix milk, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, nutmeg, baking powder, and lemon juice into sweet potato mixture; pour into the 3 pie shells.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a pie comes out clean, about 40 minutes more. Cool pies for 15 to 30 minutes before refrigerating to cool completely, 1 to 2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Sweet potatoes can also be placed on a wire rack inside a pressure cooker and cooked until tender.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 17.4 grams of fat; 32 grams of carbohydrates; 4.8 grams of protein; 64 milligrams of cholesterol; 244 milligrams of sodium.