- Published Dec 23rd
- Ready In1h 35m
Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles for 4 servings:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 egg whites
Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 35m
To cook Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles within 1 hour 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Yeast Raised Christmas Waffles easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar. Beat the egg yolks into the yeast mixture, and mix into the dry ingredients. Stir in the vanilla extract and melted butter.
- 3 In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold into the waffle batter. Let stand in a warm place about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- 4 Preheat a Belgian-style waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Place 3/4 to 1 cup of batter onto the hot iron; close the lid. Cook until the steaming subsides and the waffle is golden brown.
Per Serving: 638 calories; 30.7 grams of fat; 70.1 grams of carbohydrates; 19.3 grams of protein; 276 milligrams of cholesterol; 425 milligrams of sodium.