- Published Mar 24th
- Ready In50m
This is a mix of several different recipes to create a hybrid of Thai and Indian curry chicken. It has a bit of a kick to it, but is a very tasty kick of spice. There is also a layer of sweetness, which gives it a good mix of sweet and hot. Served over jasmine rice added another dimension to the flavor.
Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice for 6 servings:
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed, or more to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Yellow Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice easily:
- 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3 Heat peanut oil in a large deep skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir red curry paste, ginger, and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir coconut milk into curry paste mixture until well blended. Stir cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, and salt into coconut milk mixture; add chicken and cook until chicken is about half-cooked, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4 Stir chicken stock, potatoes, onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrot, fish sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, and bay leaf into coconut milk-chicken mixture; cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add peas to mixture; cover skillet and cook until peas are heated through, about 5 more minutes. Serve over cooked jasmine rice.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 7.4 grams of fat; 56.1 grams of carbohydrates; 10.6 grams of protein; 10 milligrams of cholesterol; 743 milligrams of sodium.