- Published Jul 25th
- Ready In8h 30m
Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma for 8 servings:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or as needed
Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 30m
To cook Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma within 8 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma easily:
- 1 Combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl; mix well. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- 2 Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil in batches until tender and browned, about 5 minutes per batch. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute thyme for oregano if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 13.5 grams of fat; 2.1 grams of carbohydrates; 24.2 grams of protein; 65 milligrams of cholesterol; 354 milligrams of sodium.