This quiche is easy and delicious as a main dish or brunch!
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 2 Place crust in a 9 inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle bacon inside of crust. In a small bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese and flour. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, cream, onion and green chiles. Add cheese mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 556.9
- Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 201.1 mg
- Fat 44.4 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Sodium 893.9 mg
- Sugar 1.5 g