Chicken is marinated in zhug, a spicy green sauce, then baked in the oven with olives, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes for a flavorful dinner or Sunday lunch. Serve with couscous or rice.
- ¾ cup zhug sauce, divided
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 2 chicken legs, bone-in and skin-on
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 2 whole artichokes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- ½ cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons zhug sauce over each piece of chicken. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking so chicken is at room temperature.
- 2 Remover the outer leaves from artichokes to expose the core leaves and hearts. Cut artichokes into quarters. Put them into a bowl, cover with water, and add lemon juice. Mix artichokes around and set aside.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 4 Place marinated chicken into a deep baking dish. Drain artichokes and add them around the chicken, pushing them down to keep them from being exposed and drying out. Top with olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 5 Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 504.8
- Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Fat 32.3 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Sodium 714.4 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g