Light and fresh zucchini and squash side dish. Goes great with chicken or steak! With the leftovers, I added grilled chicken and mozzarella and made fajitas. Delicious!
- 12 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the orzo and lemon juice, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Transfer the orzo to a large saucepan.
- 2 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the sweet onion and green onion until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; stir in the zucchini and squash, and cook until the squash are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir the cooked vegetables into the orzo; season with parsley, salt, and black pepper to serve.
- Calories 408.3
- Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Fat 8.2 g
- Fiber 5.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Sugar 6.4 g