- Published Jun 30th
- Ready In40m
Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 fresh chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Zucchini Wrapped in Tortillas easily:
- 1 In a medium size wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard and cumin seeds. As they begin to pop, lower the heat and add the onion and ginger. Saute until onions are soft and light pink in color.
- 2 Add the shredded zucchini, increase the heat slightly. Stir frequently until the zucchini gets soft and well-cooked, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, pepper, clove, cinnamon and salt.
- 3 Warm the tortillas and place the tortillas on a flat surface. Place 1/4 of the zucchini filling in the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and tie it closed with a chive. You can serve the wrap with a dollop of sour cream on the side, it makes for a well rounded wrap!
Per Serving: 361 calories; 10.2 grams of fat; 48 grams of carbohydrates; 9.2 grams of protein; 13 milligrams of cholesterol; 376 milligrams of sodium.