An Italian favorite, best with a nice red wine and Frank Sinatra playing in the background.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound calamari rings
- 24 mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) packages linguine pasta
- 1 Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sea scallops, shrimp, and calamari rings in the hot oil until scallops and calamari are opaque and shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Bring a separate pot of water to a boil and add mussels and littleneck clams to the boiling water; cook until shells have opened, about 3 minutes. Remove shellfish and rinse with hot water.
- 3 Pour crushed tomatoes, water, 2 cans chopped clams, 1/4 cup olive oil, onion, red pepper flakes, garlic, oregano, parsley, and salt into a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir cooked scallops, shrimp, calamari, mussels in shells, and littleneck clams in shells into tomato mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4 About 10 minutes before serving, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse pasta in hot water to prevent sticking. Serve seafood and sauce over pasta.
- Calories 775.2
- Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Cholesterol 329.5 mg
- Fat 17.2 g
- Fiber 6.8 g
- Protein 72 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 957.3 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g